As a backend engineer at Cornix you will solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems and help build the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency trading easier and more accessible than ever. You will be responsible for building and continuously optimizing a complex real-time trading system that is responsible for processing hundreds of millions of dollars every month.
- Build secure, robust, scalable and performant systems with modern cloud technology for processing trading activity and managing customer data.
- Design and build critical mission APIs and tools that power Cornix’ internal and customer-facing applications.
- Identify ways to improve scalability, performance, and simplicity of our systems.
- Work closely with project managers and other stakeholders to define project requirements and ensure successful project delivery.
What you have
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in backend software development roles.
- Fluency in Python, Java or equivalent.
- Experienced in designing and developing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with cloud services (i.e. Google Cloud Platform/Amazon Web Services etc).
- Deep understanding and strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, multithreading and async programming.
- Experience with SQL and basic database knowledge for modifying queries and tables.
- BSc in Computer Science or closely related.
Nice to have
- Experience working with micro-services architecture.
- You’ve built financial, high reliability or security systems.
- Knowledge of the Crypto industry.